The Caribbean Business Forum headed by Mr. Len Davidson invited Bursars from across the region to a Conference at the Jamaica Conference Centre in 2001.
The keynote speaker was Ms. Elizabeth Wood from the United Kingdom. The following islands were represented;
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
At the end of the conference Mr. Basil Powell, Bursar at Morant Bay High School moved a motion for bursars to organization themselves into an Association. The motion was unanimously accepted and a Steering Committee was organised, headed by Mr. Kofi Nkrumah-Young then Director of Finance and Planning - University of Technology, Kingston Jamaica.
- The first Election Officer was Mr. Anthony Townsend.
- The first professional development workshop was held at Church Teachers College in Mandeville, Manchester 2003.
- The last conference to be organised by Caribbean Business Forum was 2003
- There was no Conference in 2004 due to severe damages by Hurricane Ivan.
- An agreement to form an affiliation between the National Workers Union and the Bursars’ Association of Jamaica was signed in September 2004.
- The first conference to be organised by the Bursars Association was Conference 2005.
- The first press launch was held at the Knutsford Court Hotel in February 2005. Mr. Michael Clarke the then President of the Jamaica Teachers’ Association was the main speaker.